This is a busy world and most of us don’t have time to train our dogs. It might be difficult to dedicate time for training an unruly dog. The training requires you to spend some reasonable time to ensure your dog is on the right track. A dog needs to be trained like a child. Repetition is an important virtue during the training. So would you dedicate your time training a dog like you would to your own child? The following tips will ensure you don’t waste your time and effort trying to train your dog;
- Use of rewards. Always make sure you reward your dog for every good behavior it shows. Remember dogs might turn out to be angry and bite if punished. Showing affection to dogs is a form of reward that can be shown through hugging and gesturing when it’s wagging its tail. Praise can also be given to the dog by giving it a tap on the back especially when it has displayed good behavior.
- Never get violent. Kicking, punching and throwing objects like stones are not recommendable at all. Being arrogant and aggressive with dogs will only trigger resistance while trying to train the dog. A dog will also show no interest in acquiring good behavior.
- Wear your dog out. Normally, a tired dog will sleep because it lacks the energy to move and play around. If you don’t have time to play, run and walk with your dog you can always opt for dog walk at a fee which is affordable. Or else you can get your pals or kids to make rounds with the dog.
- Discipline – You should always know what to administer to your dog. Dogs do not reason a lot but they can show an admirable level of intelligence. You should never discipline your dog for a mistake done in the past. Wait until it does it again immediately; discipline your dog while pointing at the mess done.
- Dedicate more time training a dog. Although time is limited, make it an obligation to give it sometime to conform to desired behavior. More time spent training a dog will make it respond so well. You should take at least 15 minutes to train your adult dog and less for puppies. Engaging a dog in home courses will trigger good results in no time. You should also use your time to learn the available training systems and put them into practice.